Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
~ Winnie the Pooh
Healing from abuse is an intense and exhausting task that takes time and effort. We are not superheroes and cannot do it non-stop. This page offers you a nice safe distraction whether you got triggered in chat, have read something disturbing on forums, bumped into an upsetting article in our library, or simply need a break. There are no ads, but some of the games come with sound (which you usually can mute). Check out our Calm Room too!
Good sites to play:
- freerice.com - interesting project: you play educational games (like practice your grammar or history) and for every correct answer they donate rice to underdeveloped countries, to stop world hunger.
- idolbrain.com - games that are good for your brain.
- khanacademy.org - great learning site for kids or adults: school and college subjects, plus test prep. Free, but you need to register to use it (or sign in with your Facebook/Google account).
- habitica.com - productivity app that works like RPG.
- lichess.org - one of the best chess sites: play with someone unknown, with a friend, or with a computer; puzzles, forums, tournaments, etc.
- make-origami.com - huge collection of origami tutorials, easy to use site, clear instructions, good quality photos.
- storynory.com - tons of free audiobooks for kids: brothers Grimm, Andersen, Perrault, Dickens, Kipling, etc.
- comptines.tv - 506 comptines, chansons et poesies pour enfants - huge collection of French songs for kids, with lyrics.
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
~ Walt Disney
This page was last updated on January 18th, 2017
© 2008-2017 Fort Refuge. Please don't reproduce without permission.